Thursday, September 14, 2017

Our Grand Canyon Adventure!

Last week was a glorious week of cooler temperatures, spectacular scenery, and great family times.
Joe and I piled the boys in our travel trailer and headed north to Flagstaff.
It was time for them to see the Grand Canyon!

Words and photos cannot even begin to describe the majesty and awesome
wonder of this beautiful place.





Caught them both having a snack as we rested our feet!





Yes, those are tourists out there on the outcropping of rock.  You can't see it from here, but
there is a strong fence and railing there also.  
We were shocked to see how many people were standing on ledges that
were definitely not safe.......all for that perfect photo shoot.  Yikes.



Here we are, standing at that outcropping of rock shown above.
What a spectacular view!





I love this picture.  I think I will get it framed.
Joe is such a great dad and pours himself into the lives of his children.



We walked the entire south rim, and then went a little ways down the Bright Angel Trail.
I plopped myself down on a rock while Joe and the boys went farther down the trail.
Isaac and Joshua thought it was great fun and wanted to hike it further on another day.
Me?  Nope.  My feet and legs had had enough!







Here you can see the switchbacks of the trail......that goes on as
far as the eye can see!



This is very zoomed in from my vantage point on the rocks above, but the boys
wanted me to take their picture from way down on the trail.
You can see Isaac's red shirt in the middle of the picture!



HERE IS A BLAST FROM THE PAST!

January, 2004
Our first exploratory trip to Arizona!


No comments:

Post a Comment